Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2019

St. Augustine is the Oldest Continually Inhabited European City in the United States | #84Bing














It's time for another #84Bing Search of the Day!


Today, I learned that St. Augustine, Florida was founded by the Spanish Empire in 1556. After being raided by the English, Castillo de San Marcos was built to defend the colony. Although it withstood two major attacks, it was treaties and land exchanges that would see it change hands multiple times between the Spanish, the English and U.S.

This location has definitely gained my attention and I would love to add it to my Travel Wishlist.


Check out 'St Augustine Florida' on Bing


Cheers,
Josh | @84Culture

Check out my Travel Wishlist on SeeJoshsPhotos.com


Give us a Follow on Twitter @84Culture, won't you?


Check out the #84Culture Podcast on artscience84.com, right now!


Sunlight filtered through the browing leaves of a grape vine in autumn.


No comments:

Post a Comment