Translate

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Meditation Blog - May 24


Hello, again.
Peace to you.


     For many years, I have been drawn to spirituality, native ideology, eastern philosophy and the like. 

     Today, I consider myself agnostic. I somewhat agree with everyone but, no specific discipline has "got all of it right" in my opinion.

     That's all beside the point.

     I want to blog about the practice of meditation.

     The essence is the awareness of one's breath. Focusing on your breathing, slowing things down and being mindful are what I imagine the goals of this practice to be.

     I've practiced stillness before but, don't feel comfortable saying that I "meditate".

     One day, recently, a thought came to me about the practice of meditation. Usually, pairing it with chants or mantras is an effective addition. 
Personally, I've taken to counting. 
   
     Which leads me to this post. I have chosen the number 84, for obvious reasons and I will begin to take note of how much time passes each time I make a conscious effort with the stopwatch app on my phone.

     The idea is that the more effective sessions will result in more time passing as a result of slower and more mindful breathing. 

     I'm reminded of a quote:
"If you don't have 20 minutes to meditate, you need an hour"

     Try this yourself. Let me know what you find. Feel free to ask questions and even share your own wisdom.

Thank you.
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment